A New Target

Posted by Nick Burch on Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:16:05 +0000

We currently have postcodes for 80% of the postcode prefixes (eg the OX12 part of OX12 5AB) in the UK. We think this is pretty much all the prefixes we can currently get, with the remaining 20% being in Northern Ireland, and the parts of Scotland for which we lack maps.

With that in mind, we've started tracking another measure of our progress. This time, it's the number of postcode sectors we have. (A postcode sector is the prefix & the next digit, eg 'OX12 5').

Currently, our sector coverage is 55%. There's no reason why it shouldn't be almost as high as our prefix figure, so that leaves quite a few more sectors for which we have maps, but no postcodes.

So, that's our next target - get the sector coverage up to the same level as our prefix coverage. Now's the perfect time to start entering postcodes for that little bit further away than you have been already!

« Guardian Coverage, and more Maps Outage; even more scotland »